E-Mail : taira_at_ims.ac.jp (Please replace the "_at_" with @ )
Location: Myoudaiji, Joint Research Bldg. D, Room210
Affiliation laboratory >
Division of Research Innovation and Collaboration
1983 B. A. Fukui University, Fukui, Japan.
1985 M. Sc. Fukui University, Fukui, Japan.
1996 Ph. D. Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
1985–1989 Researcher: LSI Research and Development Laboratory, Mitsubishi Electric Corp., Itami, Japan.
1989–1998 Research Associate: Faculty of Engineering, Department of Electrical and Electronical Engineering, Fukui University, Fukui, Japan.
1993–1994 Visiting Researcher: Ginzton Laboratory, Stanford University, Stanford, California, under a research grand of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
1998–2018.9 Associate Professor: National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Institute for Molecular Science, Laser Research Center for Molecular Science, Okazaki, Japan. 1999-2018.9 Associate Professor: The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Okazaki, Japan.
2006 Invited Professor, Pierre & Marie Curie University (Paris VI), Paris, France.
2011 Invited Professor, University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France.
2013 Invited Professor, ENSCP - Chimie ParisTech, Paris, France.
2017-2018.9 Associate Professor, Center for Mesoscopic Sciences
2018.10- Group Director, RIKEN SPring-8 Center
2018.10-2019.3 Professor, Institute for Molecular Science (additional post)
2019.4- Project Professor, Division of Research Innovation and Collaboration
Award from Government
- 2004 Commendation by Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, Persons of Scientific and Technological Research Merits.
Award from Local Self-Government
- 1999 Research Promotion Award, Miyagi Science and Technology Promotion Fund, Miyagi, Japan.
Awards from Society
- 1999 Medal for Review Paper, The Laser Society of Japan, Osaka, Japan.
- 2001 The Promotion Award of Meta-Structure Photographs, The Japan Institute of Metals, Sendai, Japan.
- 2002 The Technology Development Award, Japan Fine Ceramics Association, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2005 Laser Research Development Award, the Laser Society of Japan, Osaka, Japan.
- 2008 The 24th Kenjiro Sakurai Memorial Prize, The Optoelectronic Industry and Technology Development Association (OITDA), Tokyo, Japan.
- 2010 Medal for Review Paper, Original Category, The Laser Society of Japan, Osaka, Japan.
- 2013 Laser Research Development Award, the Laser Society of Japan, Osaka, Japan.
- 2019 OSA, SPIE, IEEE, IAPLE, and LSJ Fellow
Awards from Company
- 2009 Patent Award 2009 (US Patent: US7106496 "Element for wavelength conversion and/or optical computing"), Mitsubishi Cable Industries, Ltd., Tokyo, Japan.
- 2010 OSA Fellow Award, The Optical Society (OSA), Washington D.C., USA.
- 2012 SPIE Fellow Award, The International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE), WA, USA.
- 2014 IEEE Fellow Award, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), NJ, USA.
|Solid-State Lasers, Nonlinear Optics, Micro Solid-State Photonics|